The south Indian state of Tamil Nadu today saw the foray of Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II into its capital, Chennai for Rs.4.5 crore.
The much anticipated entry of Ghost Series II was received with humongous response at a private evening gala reception, attended by the captains of the industry and entrepreneurs who have contributed to the growth and dynamism of the country’s economy. Chennai is in fact, the first city in the south to witness the launch of Ghost Series II.
The ultimate symbol of success for India’s leading entrepreneurs, the Ghost series, since its launch back in 2009 has proven to be no ordinary power. This less formal, more driver oritented Rolls-Royce has brought many new and younger business people to the brand in the country and in markets across the globe.
Rolls-Royce Ghost has been the cornerstone of the marque’s success around the world. Ghost Series II continues the uncompromising pursuit of effortless dynamism, modern luxury, exclusivity, quality and perfection that is quintessentially Rolls-Royce. Ghost Series II is an update with a range of innovative technological, design and engineering features that position it as the choice modern super luxury car for the executive on-the-go an oasis of calm in a frenetic business world.
Sven Ritter, General Manager for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Asia Pacific speaking at the launch event, said: “With Ghost Series II we, in the words of our founding forefather Sir Henry Royce have taken the best that exists and made it better. We are delighted to launch the car in the biggest industrial and commercial centre in South India, Chennai, a growing metropolitan city and home to an increasing number of ultra-high-net worth individuals. Ghost Series II with its perfection, power of simplicity and luxury will give our South Indian clients an experience that is definitively rewarding and a pinnacle status symbol in celebration of their achievements.”
Vasanthi Bhupati, Director, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Chennai pointed out: “No other brand understands luxury better than Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. Ghost Series II is the perfect business tool for today’s successful Indian entrepreneurs and leaders. A cosseting, super-premium environment in which to conduct business and augment their leisure time,”
Ghost Series II – changes at a glance
Ghost Series II presents significant recent technological updates in an exterior package that represents evolutionary changes to Ghost’s timeless aesthetic.
• A contemporary re-imagining of Ghost’s front face; re-engineered and re-designed LED headlights are framed by day-time running lights.
• Revised surface treatments including re-sculptured bumpers that present a wider, more dynamic stance.
• A new bonnet design featuring tapered ‘wake channel’ emanating from the Spirit of Ecstasy that hints at Ghost Series II’s dynamism.
• The waft line leans further forwards, giving further expression to Ghost’s dynamic driving experience.
• New paint and wheel options giving customers greater scope for Bespoke personalisation.
• Interior design
• Re-designed front seats include electronically adjustable thigh supports and depth adjustment. Rear seats have been subtly re-angled to augment effortless communication with fellow passengers.
• The clock fascia and instrument dials are enhanced with the addition of polished metal chaplets that evoke premium watch design.
• Option of extending natural grain leather to the A and C pillars.
• The scope for Bespoke customisation is extended with the introduction of two new, exquisitely crafted veneers: Paldao and Walnut Burr Crossband.
Technological and engineering enhancements
• Re-designed LED headlights incorporating the latest technologies. A whiter, brighter light augments driver safety whilst electronic reflectors move in the direction of travel in response to steering-wheel turns. New anti-glare technology deflects light when a car approaches in the other direction, giving Ghost Series II drivers the benefit of full-beam headlights at all times.
• Suspension enhancements include re-engineered front and rear struts, new steering gear and adjusted dampers that increase the car’s cornering ability when the Dynamic Driving Package is specified.
• New hydraulic rear axle bearings enhance ride quality and rear stability whilst reducing vibrations and cabin intrusions.
• All Ghost Series II motor cars feature Satellite Aided Transmission as standard – a technology that utilises GPS and mapping data to ensure the car is always in the correct gear when negotiating turns, motorway exists and roundabouts (subject to the availability of GPS service in the market).