The Chennai-based Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), the domestic arm of the Korean car major, Hyundai Motor Corp, India’s largest exporter and the second-largest car manufacturer today unveiled its highly anticipated compact sedan ‘Xcent’. The global unveil marks Hyundai’s entry into the compact sedan segment in the Indian auto industry, according to a company statement.
BS Seo – MD & CEO, HMIL, CH Han- Sr. ED, HMIL, Rakesh Srivastava- Sr.VP, HMIL at the Hyundai Xcent Global unveil.
Speaking at the launch, BS Seo, Managing Director & CEO, HMIL said: “The Xcent is a world-class product developed for the Indian market. We at HMIL are proud to launch the modern family sedan in India. Xcent symbolizes Hyundai’s commitment to Indian customers by offering high standards of quality, durability and reliability. Xcent with its excellent value proposition and its unique first-in-segment features will serve a wide range of customers in India raising the benchmark in the segment.”
ENGINE and TRANSMISSION
Hyundai Xcent will be available in two engine options – Petrol and Diesel. The engines have been tuned for optimum performance and fuel efficiency. The Manual and Automatic transmission will offer the customers a wide range of options suited to their needs.
PRODUCT AND DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
The Hyundai Xcent has been developed with a focus on the Indian driving needs and lifestyles. The car inherits Hyundai signature mature ‘Fluidic design’ and style theme to meet the Indian customer aspirations. This “Made for India” sedan has been developed keeping in mind the requirements and aspirations of the Indian customers.
The Hyundai Xcent is for the modern and contemporary Indian customer who is aspirational and seeks higher value. Hyundai Xcent is a true expression of Hyundai’s “Modern-Premium” brand philosophy. The best-in-class and segment-first features, style, optimum performance and fuel efficiency set a benchmark in the compact sedan segment.
The Hyundai Xcent with its aerodynamic and sporty profile projects a Modern and Progressive Styling. The key highlights in the exterior include:
· Swept back smoked headlamps and wrap-around tail lamps with chrome insert
· Chrome finish hexagonal air dam
· Steeply raked windshield
· Wide daylight opening area
· Front bumper with integrated spoiler design
· Sporty dual tone rear bumper with stylish reflectors
· Diamond cut alloy wheels and classy chrome door handles
· Stylish and aerodynamic kick-up trunk lid design with chrome garnish
The spaciousness interiors have been designed to offer Premium Upmarket feel. The key highlights in the interior include:
· Bright dual tone beige and black interiors with high quality plastic
· Premium designed dashboard integrated with hexagonal outlined audio
· Ergonomically positioned controls
· Generous legroom and headroom in front and rear
· Best-in-class boot space
· Multiple storage options in door trims and centre console
· Seating comfort- Well contoured seats with excellent cushioning and rear arm rest
· Rear AC vents
· Smart key with push button start
· Rear parking camera and sensors
· 15” Diamond cut alloy wheels
· 2 DIN audio with USB, CD player with 1 GB internal memory
· Auto folding mirrors
· Electro-chromic mirror
· One touch electric trunk opening
· Antilock braking system (ABS)
· Rear arm-rest with cup holders
· Glove box cooling
· Steering mounted audio controls and Bluetooth
· Dual Air-bags
· Rear parking assist
· Rear defogger
· Steering mounted controls
Xcent offers active and passive safety measures to occupants such as Dual Airbags, Antilock braking system (ABS), rear parking assist, central locking, rear defogger are integrated to offer higher safety to occupants.Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). HMIL is the largest passenger car exporter and the second largest car manufacturer in India. It currently markets nine car models across segments – in the A2 segment it has the Eon, Santro, i10, Grand and the i20, in the A3 segment the Verna, in the A4 segment the Elantra, in the A5 segment Sonata and in the SUV segment the Santa Fe.
HMIL’s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts advanced production, quality and testing capabilities. HMIL forms a critical part of HMC’s global export hub. It currently exports to around 120 countries across EU, Africa, Middle East, Latin America, Australia and the Asia Pacific. HMIL has been India’s number one exporter for the past eight years consecutively. To support its growth and expansion plans, HMIL currently has 386 dealers and more than 1000 service points across India. In its commitment to provide customers with cutting-edge global technology, HMIL set up a modern multi-million dollar R&D facility in Hyderabad. The R&D center endeavors to be a center of excellence in automobile engineering.