Vebbler is a new personal social network developed with a mission to create a world where people can have more meaningful conversations with different relationships in their lives without one aspect of their life spilling into another.
One of the first social web startups in India designed on Crowd Layering Model (CLM), Vebbler is founded by 23 year old Sahil Bhagat and engineered by a young and dynamic team mostly in their early 20s, according to a press note.
Vebbler is launched in beta on July 23rd, 2013. Here’s a sneak peek into what makes Vebbler different from other products in the market:
1. Social + Personal: In a big, open world of the Internet, here is a platform for you to connect with your most valued relationships. If other networks are newspapers, Vebbler is more like a personal diary, a place where you can be yourself and express yourself freely.
2. Relationships beyond Friends: Today, our parents, teachers, colleagues and even bosses are present on social media. There is a need for an evolved method of connecting, which can easily help a user to layer their friends and other relationships, such as workmates and family.
3. Design by Discipline: ‘A great product is not about what you make, it’s about how you present it’. With Clean typefaces, flat icons, simple two column layout and responsive photo galleries, Vebbler puts design at the heart of its user experience.
At launch, Vebbler will introduce with the following features:
• Clubs (for personal sharing): Clubs are a core element of Vebbler’s user experience, which allows a user to add a person into different layers, such as friends, family, workmates and acquaintances. This enables a user to have an entirely separate space for sharing with each relationship.
• Followers (for public sharing): While keeping the closest 500 people in your Clubs, you can follow as many people you find interesting. This makes Vebbler a great platform for public conversations too, while keeping your private life intact.
• Bigger, Better Photos: Profile photos are big again and photographs are stored in high quality, making Vebbler a delightful platform for photographers and photography enthusiasts.
• ~Wavetags: Move over Hashtags. Now, start a ~Wave! Build conversations in real time, follow waves that interest you and see its popularity with the Wave-O-Meter.
• Search: Social search is beyond searching things by name. Searching interests, photos, waves and conversations around a particular topic creates a more intuitive search experience.
What’s next in store?
1. Location Based Sharing
2. Automated Clubs (based on information provided by the user)
3. Photo Enhancing Technology