Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) yesterday announced the launch of the New Land Cruiser Prado in India. Inheriting the Land Cruiser’s DNA, the new Prado is the perfect combination of the rugged dominance of its Land Cruiser heritage along with the revolutionary technology and sophistication for which Toyota is renowned, according to a company statement.
The redesigned Prado aims to create an exterior with the active feel expected of a four-wheel drive and an interior that is refined, roomy and luxurious. With its new sculpted looks, spoiling comfort and thrilling features, the New Land Cruiser Prado is perfect to conquer any terrain. Specific additions made include exterior changes as following:
· New Design Front Grille, Bumper, Fog Lamps, Head Lamps & Rear Combination Lamp
· New Design Rear License Plate Garnish
· LED Headlamps & DRLs (Daytime Running Lamps)
The interior enhancements of the new Prado include:
· Crawl Control (a system that makes accelerator and brake operations unnecessary when driving over jagged off-road terrain or on slippery surfaces, enabling the driver to concentrate fully on
· Multi-Terrain Select (a system that allows you to choose between various road condition modes- Rock; Rock and Dirt; Mogul; Loose Rock; and Mud & Sand)
· Multi-Terrain Monitor (used in conjunction with Multi-Terrain system to provide a clear view of the surroundings)
· Display Audio with 7″ Screen & New Design Optitron Metre
· Second Row Seat Heater
· Ornamental Changes in the Centre Console- Upper, Centre and Rear
· Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (safety feature)
The new Prado is available in five exciting colours- White Pearl Crystal Shine, Silver Metallic, Grey Metallic, Dark Blue Metallic and Black along with two interior colors (Flaxen & Black) which provides an option of a combination of dark exteriors and lighter interiors or vice versa.
Sharing his thoughts on this occasion, Sandeep Singh, DMD & COO, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said: “Ever since Prado’s launch in India in 2004, customer response to the Prado’s legendary quality, durability and reliability has been very good and we would like to thank our customers for this appreciation. Owing to its Land Cruiser heritage, the Prado has earned its name as an all terrain luxury SUV and appeals not only to SUV buyers but also to buyers of other luxury car segments alike. A perfect combination of maneuverability and interior luxury, we are certain that the Indian customers will experience superior comfort and luxury while driving the New Prado”. Bookings for the New Prado started from yesterday.